Welcome Back! We are excited to start the 2014/2015 school year!
- Students should learn in a safe and trusting environment.
- We believe that respect should be given, received,
earned and celebrated.
- We believe in recognizing each student’s
individuality and instruction is differentiated to
meet each need.
- We believe in thorough assessment and early
interventions for all learners.
Daybreak Elementary has some exciting news to share with you. Our principal and teachers have worked diligently over the past few months to write grants and seek out business donations (around $75,000) to enrich and expand educational opportunities for our students. We invested the money in the following programs:
- Technology (ipad labs, computers, learning applications)
- Guided reading and math libraries (books)
- Math manipulatives
- Assemblies to highlight the arts and character education
- Liberty Wall
- Exercise videos to promote physical activity
- Student incentives
Daybreak Elementary has gone above and beyond to compete with other schools and secure these grants for our children. We are thrilled our students will get extra benefits because of these funds.
School Community Council Chairman
School Community Council Co-Chairman
SAGE Testing Information for families
The district has adopted a new computer based testing system that the students grades 3-6 will be tested on for end of the year criteria. The classes have been practicing weekly for the last few months in the computer lab, but they can also practice at home. Information on this SAGE testing and practice testing is SAGE
We are happy to announce that we have purchased a license for World Book, this is a great web site that students can learn social studies, science, reading, math, etc. in a fun way.
- Login: daybreak
- Password: dolphins
School Community Council
School Community Council Minutes
Take time to review Daybreak’s Land Trust Plan and last year’s school expenditures.