Student Belongings Curbside PIck-up is Wednesday, May 27th. Please read and follow the procedures below, including the staggered pick-up times. Please return all library books and classroom books on Wednesday.
Since chromebooks are being used for online instruction until the end of the school year (June 5th), chromebook check-in will not be held until the last week of school on Thursday and Friday, June 4th and 5th. If you have a chromebook checked out, there will be more details to come later.
Student Belongings Curbside Pick-up on Wednesday, May 27th:
- Staggered Pick-up Times:
- Last Name A – C pickup between 8:30 AM and 10:00 AM
- Last Name D – J pickup between 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM
- Last Name K – R pickup between 12:00 AM and 1:30 PM
- Last Name S – Z pickup between 1:30 PM and 3:00 PM
- Pick-up Procedures:
- Please come only during your assigned pickup times in order maintain shorter lines and proper social distancing.
- Drive in the main drop-off entrance of the curbside loading zone and pull up to the nearest car. Stay in your car. School employees will greet you at your car and ask for your student’s name and homeroom teacher’s name.
- The school employee will then bring your student’s belongings to your car.
- If you have any library books or classroom books, please return them at this time by giving them to the school employee.
- If we have your child’s medication in the office, please let the staff know when you come to pick up their other belongings.
- Parents/students will not be permitted to enter the school.
- If this time will not work for you, please contact the office for assistance 801-302-0553.
- Finally please be patient and kind with the school employees and any other parent drivers during the pick-up. We are all doing the best we can. Thank you.
2020-2021 School Year
To provide information about the educational setting your student needs to maximize his/her learning for the 2020-2021 school year, visit our Learning Environment Needs page.
Google Classroom Help
- Several changes to school breakfast and lunch services will take effect after Spring Break. Please note the following:
- School breakfast and lunch will not be served in Jordan School District during Spring Break (April 6-10).
- Breakfast will no longer be served in the morning. Instead, a grab-and-go breakfast for the next day will be provided with lunch.
- Starting on Monday, April 13, Lunch (with a to-go breakfast for the next day) will be served every day from 11:00 a.m. to noon at the locations listed below.
- Breakfast and lunch are free to all children age 18 and younger.
- Please maintain social distancing by staying in your vehicle for curbside service. If you are walking to the school, please stay at least six feet apart as you line up. Please do not come for a meal if you are sick.
- We will add 5 NEW LOCATIONS for lunch and breakfast service together at 11:00 beginning April 13:
- Bastian Elementary
- Blackridge Elementary
- Hayden Peak Elementary
- Golden Fields Elementary
- Monte Vista Elementary
- The following sites will continue to offer lunch and breakfast service together at 11:00 beginning April 13:
- Bluffdale Elementary
- Columbia Elementary
- Copper Canyon Elementary
- Eastlake Elementary
- Foothills Elementary
- Heartland Elementary
- Majestic Elementary
- Oquirrh Elementary
- Riverside Elementary
- South Jordan Elementary
- Southland Elementary
- Terra Linda Elementary
- Westvale Elementary
- Teachers will not be available over Spring Break (except Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at year-round schools).
- The Student and Parent Technical Support Hotline (801-567-8999) will not be available during Spring Break (April 6-10). Access will resume on Monday, April 13 from 8:00-4:00.
- Beginning Monday, April 13, students and parents will need an appointment to access schools.
- Schools can be reached by calling the main number from 8:00-1:00 or by emailing a member of the staff. Please see the school’s website for more information.
- We understand that grades can be a concern during school dismissal. If you have concerns that digital learning has negatively impacted your child’s grades during school dismissal, please contact the teacher directly. You can also contact your child’s counselor or principal for help.
We just received the following information from the State regarding an extension of school dismissal. More information will be forthcoming.
Jordan School District
Gov. Gary R. Herbert, State Superintendent Syd Dickson, and Acting Commissioner of Technical Education Jared Haines announced today that Utah’s K-12 public schools will extend their dismissal through Friday, May 1st, and that Utah’s technical colleges will suspend teaching from Monday, March 30 until Friday, May 1. These entities will continue to evaluate the situation to make a determination about the remaining school year.
Breakfast and Lunch Updates - 3/23/20
Starting Monday, March 23, breakfast and lunch will only be available at a limited number of elementary schools. Please see the list below. Meals will be FREE for ALL children age 18 and under. No student numbers or payment will be required. Federal rules require that children be present to receive a meal. Adults may not purchase a meal. Free breakfast (8:00-9:00 a.m.) and free lunch (11:00 a.m.-12 p.m.) will be available for all children starting on Monday at the following schools:
Bluffdale Elementary School
Columbia Elementary School
Copper Canyon Elementary School
Eastlake Elementary School
Foothills Elementary School
Heartland Elementary School
Majestic Elementary School
Oquirrh Elementary School
Riverside Elementary School
Southland Elementary School
South Jordan Elementary School
Terra Linda Elementary School
Westvale Elementary School
In order to facilitate learning while we are out of school, families have the option to check out Chromebooks for use at home. I wanted to clarify that while we will be providing online learning opportunities, the expectation isn't that your child will be working for the 6 1/2 hours they would usually be in school. The workload will be enough to keep them moving forward, without consuming your entire day. You do not have to request a Chromebook. Children can use a home computer, an iPad or other device that connects to your home internet. If you would like to check out a Chromebook, please complete the form at the following link https://forms.gle/KvZJex2wyqmS8CvbA
Once you have filled out the device form, please sign-up for an appointment through family access https://skystu.jordan.k12.ut.us/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsEAplus/fwemnu01.w to schedule a time to pick up your device.
Again, I will be continue to send out information as it is updated from the District. Teachers will be getting you more detailed information regarding your child's learning plan by Tuesday evening. Online learning will begin Wednesday.
Thank you for your patience and support, Mrs. Whiteside
Governor Gary Herbert announced today that all public schools in Utah will be dismissed beginning Monday, March 16, for a period of two weeks. This is a pre-emptive measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
This means Jordan School District schools will not be in session and no students will attend in person from March 16 – 29.
It is important for parents to know the following:
Lunch Will Continue to be Available for Pick Up Only Starting Wednesday, March 18
- Schools will remain open for students to pick up lunch to-go from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Students must return home after receiving their meal.
Student Learning Will Continue at Home
- Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17 will be used as planning days for teachers and staff to further prepare for at-home learning.
- Details will be forthcoming regarding specific plans for student at-home learning, which will begin on Wednesday, March 18.
- For students who do not have access to a device at home, schools will provide information on their device checkout process.
- Families without internet access should contact their school.
- Year-round schools will contact parents regarding accommodations for A and B tracks.
School Activities Cancelled or Postponed Through March 29
- All school activities are cancelled or postponed.
- All games, sporting events, and practices are cancelled or postponed.
- All extracurricular activities and rehearsals are cancelled or postponed.
More information will be forthcoming.
We are following the recommendations of the State Task Force, Utah State Board of Education, and Salt Lake County Health Department which include:
- All out-of-state student travel is cancelled now through April 15.
- All school assemblies are cancelled now through March 29.
- All after-school performances, proms, dances, and concerts are postponed now through March 29.
- All field trips are postponed now through March 29.
As a result Daybreak will be postponing the following activities:
- Battle of the Books
- 2nd Grade Wax Museum
- Kindergarten Orientation
1. Please remember to sign-up for Parent Teacher Conference using Skyward family access.
2. If you have a qualifying kindergarten child, please register them online at Jordan School District, Parent/Student, and then Registration & Enrollment http://planning.jordandistrict.org/enrollment/ or fill out form at the Daybreak School Office ASAP. In addition, if you have a neighbor who has a qualifying kindergarten child, please share this information with them and encourage them to register.
Winter Break: December 23, 2019 - January 3, 2020
We will look forward to seeing you back at school on Monday, January 6, 2020!
2019-2020 - Spelling Bee
Classroom bees: Will be held the week of Jan 13th-17th
Grade level bees: Will be held January 22nd - 31st
School Bee: February 14th at 8:45 am
Local Area Bee: March 7th, 9:00 am (2 students advance)
2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration:
Please let the main office know if you have a child that will be in kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year.
Skyward Family Access: You can update family information, add emergency contacts, pay lunch money, and check students’ attendance and grades.
November 27th-29th - No School - Thanksgiving Break
Spirit Day Friday, December 6th - Pajama Day
Thursday, November 13th - 9:00 - School Community Council Meeting
- Safety & Security – Halloween
- Fun Run Recap
- Last Meeting Minutes Approval
Extra-Curricular Activities – We are excited to offer some extra curricular activities. All programs will begin the week of November 18th and end the week of December 16th.
Because of limited capacity, enrollment will be on a first come first serve basis. If selected, students are expected to attend every session, be on time, and show appropriate behavior.
Thursday, November 21st - Thanksgiving Dinner in the cafeteria
November 27th-29th - No School - Thanksgiving Break
PTA/Community Council Message
Aug. 5, 2019, 1:30 PM ● Whitney Dawson
PTA President, Daybreak Elementary 2018-19
Dear Daybreak Elementary Parents,
The Daybreak Elementary PTA is excited about the new school year with new students, teachers, and parents. Like always, we have exciting and fun things planned and yet to be planned. However, nothing happens without your help and support. We need parents that are willing to help just a little, and some that are willing to help a lot, and everything in between.
Our first meeting is Wednesday, August 7th 9:00 AM in the Daybreak faculty room. We will be discussing the calendar for the year and planning the first teacher breakfast and back to school night. Please come to share input on activities, to become involved in a committee or as a board member, and to be informed about the new school year. We hope to see you there.
Positions or committees we need your help with:
Social Media Liaison
Battle of the Books
Dolphins Doing Good
We need your willingness to help, even if you are not able to be in charge of an activity. If you don’t have volunteers, we will not be able to do the activities. Many hands make light work.
My goal is to have more parents helping, so we can create the best community of parents and, ultimately, the best learning environment for our children.
PTA President, Daybreak Elementary 2019-2020
July 30, 2019, 4:29 PM ● Principal Whiteside
We are excited to start the 2019-20 school year. Here are some important dates and information for the upcoming school year.
Online registration will be available starting August 5th. Please log into Skyward and complete the district online registration as soon as possible. Once your registration is complete you will be able to view your student’s teacher for the 19-20 school year. Please watch the mail for information on your Skyward log-in and password.
- Monday, August 5 – Online registration begins – ALL families need to complete the online registration
- Monday, August 19 - Back to School Night 4:30-6:30 - please watch for additional information
- Tuesday, August 20 – School begins for 2nd- 6th-grade students
- First-grade students will have appointments to meet their teacher (watch the mail for your scheduled time).
- Wednesday, August 21 – School begins for 1st-grade students
- Wednesday, August 28th – First day of Kindergarten
If you are interested in being a paraprofessional, Daybreak has job openings in the Cafeteria, Special Education, Literacy, Recess, STEM, and Computer. These jobs range from 10-25 hours a week. Please contact Kristy Whiteside if you are interested or have questions, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://workatjordan.org/ to apply.
Kristy Whiteside, Principal
All Jordan School District Schools are CLOSED today.
Due to extreme weather and road conditions, all Jordan School District schools are CLOSED today, Wednesday, Feb. 6.
All activities are canceled as well.
The District Office and ASB are also closed.
Dear Students, Staff, and Patrons,
Reports indicate potentially heavy snow could impact the morning and afternoon commutes on Wednesday and Thursday with snow packed, slippery conditions on roadways.
We urge caution on all roadways and sidewalks. Due to the potential for extreme weather, we urge everyone to please allow the extra time necessary for safe travel.
Also, be aware of slippery conditions while walking on school grounds, in parking lots, sidewalks and other walkways around our schools.
The safety of students, teachers, and staff, as well as members of the community, is very important to us.
Schools will operate on a regular schedule unless otherwise announced on the District website and social media. Any announcements of delayed starts or cancellations will be made by 6 a.m.
Full Emergency Communications & Snow Closure Guidelines can be found at jordandistrict.org/resources/emergency.
August 21st 4:30 - 6:00 PM
Join us for Back to School Night at Daybreak Elementary on Aug. 21st at 4:30-6:00 PM Come and learn about the exciting changes happening this school year. See your classroom and meet your teacher. We would love to see you there!
Mission Belief Statement P – PATIENCE R – RESPECT I – INTEGRITY D – DEPENDABLE E – EXCELLENCE
More students doing better work, every child, every chance, every day.
Daybreak Elementary believes that students should exhibit:
Take turns, understand others
Pay attention, listen to others, care
Be honest, kind, trustworthy, and share
Arrive at school prepared and on time
Always do your best
P – PATIENCE
R – RESPECT
I – INTEGRITY
D – DEPENDABLE
E – EXCELLENCE